The Caribbean tourism industry is the most important economic activity and principal foreign exchange earner for the region. It is an effective tool to fight poverty and should be harnessed to better the lives of the region's poorer communities.
But there is still a need to increase the awareness of the Caribbean people of the importance of this industry to the economic and social wellbeing of the region. Likewise, many Caribbean Governments have yet to recognize the industry's importance and develop policies that foster its sustainable development.
The CHTA believes that the media can contribute significantly to highlight the positive impacts of tourism and therefore help shape public opinion and policy. With the double aim of facilitating travel and tourism reporting as a benefit to CHTA members - and fostering excellence in tourism reporting in the Caribbean
in order to raise regional awareness about the impact of tourism - CHTA is committed to open and mutual lines of communication with the regional and international press. With that in mind, we seek to maintain the media abreast of CHTA efforts on an ongoing basis.
For general queries and interview requests with a CHTA officer, contact Richard Kahn, public relations representative for CHTA.
Press queries and media leads
CHTA facilitates requests for information from the members of the press. A journalist seeking information from Caribbean hotels and/or Caribbean hotel associations should contact Richard Kahn, public relations representative for CHTA.
2013 Press Releases
- SHTA Hires Karen Hana As New Executive Director
March 21, 2013
- New Tourism Push Lauded
March 20, 2013
- Interval's Next Generation of Tech Tools will Strengthen Shared Ownership Industry and Engage Digitally Savvy Consumers
March 12, 2013
- CaribbeanTravel.com Now Offers One Comprehensive Site For All Things Caribbean With Launch Of Enhanced Website
February 28, 2013
- Johnson & Wales University Donates Culinary Laboratory Equipment To South Haitian Hospitality & Tourism Institute
February 13, 2013
- Caribbean Society of Hotel Association Executives elect 2013-14 Leadership; Focus on Best Practices & Advocacy
February 6, 2013
- CHTA President & CTO Chairman Support Abolishing UK Air Passenger Duty (APD) based on PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS Economic Impact Study
February 4, 2013
- Caribbean Travel Marketplace 2013 in Bahamas has 12,476 Pre-sheduled Business Meetings, 226 more than 2012
January 29, 2013
- Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Names Vanessa Ledesma Director of Operation & Events
January 25, 2013
- Caribbean Hotels call for Heads of Government Summit on Tourism Issues Impacting Region
January 20, 2013
Press Release Archive
- 2012 -
- 2011 -
- 2010 -
- 2009 -
- 2008 -
- 2007 -