The Caribbean tourism industry is the most important economic activity and principal foreign exchange earner for the region. It is an effective tool to fight poverty and should be harnessed to better the lives of the region's poorer communities.
But there is still a need to increase the awareness of the Caribbean people of the importance of this industry to the economic and social wellbeing of the region. Likewise, many Caribbean Governments have yet to recognize the industry's importance and develop policies that foster its sustainable development.
The CHTA believes that the media can contribute significantly to highlight the positive impacts of tourism and therefore help shape public opinion and policy. With the double aim of facilitating travel and tourism reporting as a benefit to CHTA members - and fostering excellence in tourism reporting in the Caribbean
in order to raise regional awareness about the impact of tourism - CHTA is committed to open and mutual lines of communication with the regional and international press. With that in mind, we seek to maintain the media abreast of CHTA efforts on an ongoing basis.
For general queries and interview requests with a CHTA officer, contact Richard Kahn, public relations representative for CHTA.
Press queries and media leads
CHTA facilitates requests for information from the members of the press. A journalist seeking information from Caribbean hotels and/or Caribbean hotel associations should contact Richard Kahn, public relations representative for CHTA.
2014 Press Releases
- Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association welcomes news about Cuba travel restrictions to be eased for Americans.
December 19, 2014
- Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Celebrates Abolition of Uk Air Passenger Duty (Apd) For Kids
December 3, 2014
- Early bird registration open through Sept. 4th for Caribbean Travel Marketplace 2015 in Puerto Rico
August 13, 2014
- HVS, CHTA, CTO Announce Dates Of 4th Caribbean Hospitality Investment Conference & Operations Summit (CHICOS) 2014
July 10, 2014
- Rashindra Donge, Bonaire, First Female to be named "Çaribbean Chef of the Year'; Puerto Rico, Bahamas, USVI, Jamaica take home top honors at Taste of the Caribbean
July 8, 2014
- CHTA elects new slate of officers led by Emil Lee, St. Maarten, for 2014-2016 Biennium
July 2, 2014
- CHTA'S Caribbean Travel Marketplace Returns to Puerto Rico Convention Center, Jan. 28-30, 2015
June 2, 2014
- Enhance Knowledge with hands-on educational seminars at CHTA's 'Taste of the Caribbean' 2014
April 16, 2014
- Recycling Program Launched at Hospitality Institute By Kerissa Henry, Virgin Holidays Antigua & CHTA Education Foundation Scholar
Feb 13, 2014
- CHTA Steps Outside the box with Caribbean Hospitality Industry Education Forum for Hoteliers, Allied Members
Mar 14, 2014
- March 30 Deadline for 2014 CHTA Education Foundation Scholarship Applications Fast Approaching
Mar 14, 2014
- CHTA President Richard Doumeng Appoints AMResorts' Jose Antonio Rivera Campos as Regional Vice President
Mar 11, 2014
- Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Education Foundation
Awards $2,000 to Assist with Culinary Internship Opportunity
Jan 30, 2014
- Caribbean Society of Hotel Association Executives Elect Executive Committee for 2-year term; sets agenda for 2014
Jan 23, 2014
- Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Launches 'Chief' New Hospitality, Tourism Conference, Trade Show
Jan 22, 2014
- Caribbean Travel Marketplace 2014 sees increased interest from international buyer companies from 20 countries
Jan 17, 2014
- George Markantonis, President & Managing Director, Atlantis Named 'Caribbean Hotelier of the Year'
Jan 16, 2014
Press Release Archive
- 2014 -