Due to the uncertain times the region and industry are currently experiencing, the CHTA Education Foundation has temporarily suspended the 2020 scholarship application process.
We will be updating the site with more information as it develops and wish everyone the very best during these difficult times.
The 2020 digital application for CHTA Education Foundation Scholarships is now available.
If you have any difficulty accessing this digital form, please email email@example.com for assistance.
The requirements for all applicants are as follows:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent
- Endorsement letter from the National Hotel Association
- Three (3) letters of reference or recommendation, at least one of which must come from a hotel or tourism industry person. If applicable, an endorsement letter from your current employer should be submitted
- Transcripts from most recent academic institution or academic course
- A recent photo of the applicant in jpeg or similar format. (Photos may be used as part of the CHTA Education Foundation promotion and social media campaigns and should be a positive, cheerful reflection of who you are and your hospitality aspirations.)
- A 400-words or less statement which includes:
- the applicant’s area of tourism and academic interest,
- outline of how the scholarship will advance the applicant’s career and benefit the hospitality and tourism industry in the applicant’s country
- expected growth opportunities as a result of completing your program due to the scholarship
- All Scholarship Applications must be received no later than April 15, 2020
- CHTAEF is a green organization and the Scholarship Application process is paperless. The online application can be found on the website.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
- If you have any questions, please call 305-443-3040.
- Scholarships are awarded for Tuition Only and funds are paid directly to the University or College. No money will be sent to students.